Here's another one that baffled me this morning.
I need to break an OHIP number into number and version.
I get it like this 123456789-VS1 I needed the numbers in one field and the letters (the version) in another.
Easy enough eh?
So I wrote the one Scripting Functoid
Public Function HC_Number(ByVal strHCN as String) As String
Dim strReturn() As String
strReturn = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Split(strHCN, "-")
HC_Number = strReturn(0)
End Function
Like I said...easy
So I copied that over to the functoid to pull the version and changed the (0) to a (1).
I tested the map and was stunned to see that same value in both fields.
I even called Gord into my office to see if maybe for some reason I was seeing two separate lines going into two separate fields but no one else could.
Everything looked fine to him. He asks to see my code...and points out the obvious.
I needed to change HC_Number to HC_Version in the second functoid. (why do I keep wanting to call them scriptoids?)
Anyway, as you can see, I'm a bit of a noob.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment